Despite numerous unanswered questions about potential conflicts of interest, Scott Pruitt was confirmed as the head of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) last Friday. Pruitt has come under fire for coordinating with energy companies and has repeatedly questioned the overwhelming scientific consensus around climate change. He has also pledged to withdraw the Clean Power Plan and the Waters of the US rules, which have provided significant guidance and a backstop to challenges by polluters in Minnesota. Pruitt’s confirmation will have long-lasting and far-reaching impacts on our natural resources in Minnesota and across the nation. The Minnesota Environmental Partnership thanks Senators Franken and Klobuchar for speaking out against Pruitt’s confirmation on the Senate floor
- Purchase your gun raffle now before they are gone!
- Women Hunters and Anglers May Be the Planet’s Best Hope
- SWCD Supervisors Advocate Conservation at Farm Bill Listening Session
- Last chance to register for our Annual Assembly-registration is due August 7, 2017
- Water Quality Town Hall Meetings Across Minnesota